The DiST 1 features a large multi-level LCD that displays both TDS and temperature readings simultaneously. The TDS readings are displayed with a 1 ppm resolution and with an accuracy of ±2% full scale. The TDS range of the HI98301 is from 0 to 2000 ppm. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated TDS measurements. Temperature can be set to display in ℃ or ℉. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
TDS readings are performed by an amperometric graphite electrode that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with amperometric testers that use two stainless steel pins.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode submerge the probe in 1382 ppm calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut-off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the meter off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
Specification of Hanna DiST-1 TDS Meter
- TDS Range: 0 to 2000 ppm (mg/L)
- TDS Resolution: 1 ppm (mg/L)
- TDS Accuracy: ±2% F.S.
- TDS Calibration: automatic, one point at 1382 ppm
- EC/TDS Temperature Compensation: automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
- Temperature Correction Coefficient: 1.9%/°C
- EC to TDS Conversion Factor: 0.5
- Temperature Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C (32.0 to 122.0°F)
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.5°C (±1°F)
- Automatic Shut-Off 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled
- Battery Type/Life: CR2032 3V Li-Ion (1 pc.) / approximately 250 hours of continuous use
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH 100%
- Dimensions: 160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7“)
- Weight: 68 g (2.4 oz.) without battery
- Ordering Information: HI98301 is supplied with a protective cap, 1382 ppm calibration solution sachet (4), CR2032 battery, instrument quality certificate, and instructional manual.stinternationalbd.com